Executive Managing Director, C-Suite Strategy & Crisis
Oscar Suris joined Zeno Group in April, 2019. He’s a Corporate Communications professional with 20 years of experience of providing strategic public relations counsel to Fortune 100 companies and 10 years of experience in the newspaper business. He served most recently as executive vice president and head of Corporate Communications at Wells Fargo & Company, America’s third largest financial services company.
Oscar’s communications experiences have spanned two global industries – automotive and financial services – and have included collaborations with a variety of consulting agencies. His news industry experience includes five years as a staff reporter for The Wall Street Journal, America’s premier daily business newspaper. His Corporate Communications career began with AutoNation, Inc, and continued with Ford Motor Company before joining Wells Fargo in 2009.
Key areas of expertise include strategic counseling; executive communications; print, broadcast and online media relations; financial communications; internal communications; product recall and crisis communications; grassroots campaigns; social media; brand publishing; event production; product launches; primary opinion research; media monitoring and analysis; and leadership of large organizations.
Oscar, a native of Cuba, is a graduate of the University of Florida with a bachelor’s degree in finance. He’s a past chair of the board of trustees for the Institute for Public Relation, a past member of the Corporate Board of Advisors of the National Council of La Raza (now Unidos US), and a member of the advisory board for the University of Southern California’s Center for Public Relations. He has been named six times to PRWeek’s “Power List” of the top 50 professionals in public relations.
Oscar lives in Charlotte, N.C., with his wife and family.
- News Source You Can’t Live Without:The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, The New York Times, my Google Alerts, Recode, Hvper.com and Benedict’s Newsletter.
- First Client: The employer of my first Corporate Communications role: AutoNation, America’s largest automotive retailer.
- Social Network of Choice:Twitter, LinkedIn
- Best Advice You’ve Given:Read books, lots of them.
- When You’re Not Working:Enjoying the company of my family, listening to music, working out, sketching, shooting and editing photos and reading.
- Most Fearless Moment: Telling my parents I was headed to the University of Florida, becoming the first person in my family to leave home for college.
- Late Nights or Early Mornings? Both. Still love late nights, especially when having fun with family and friends, but I also love the peacefulness of early mornings.