Managing Director, Corporate
Mark manages the corporate practice at Zeno, leading a cross-office team of specialists in reputation management, employee engagement, crisis communications and business media. Across the agency, he is the go-to person for Zeno clients who want to raise their visibility, get credit for their business achievements, and take the lead in their industries.
Based in Chicago, he has counseled numerous CEOs and other senior executives throughout his career, with a special emphasis on companies facing change or transition, such a mergers, rebranding, new executive leadership or workforce issues. To solve problems for his clients, Mark draws upon his 30 years of experience as an agency professional, as well as his MBA in Management Strategy and Marketing.
- News source I can’t live without:The Wall Street Journal, CNBC Squawk Box, MuckRack
- Late nights or early mornings:My day starts at 5.30am, necessitated by a long commute into the city. I would rather be a night owl.
- My first client:KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Social network of choice:LinkedIn for business, Facebook for fun
- Best advice I ever received:“Don’t look for the next opportunity. The one you have right now is your opportunity.”
- Best advice I’ve ever given:“Be the kind of manager you would want to work for.”
- When not working, I:Enjoy the amazing performances of the Steppenwolf Theatre Company, get out in nature at the Morton Arboretum, and I am always planning my next Paris vacation.
- Most Fearless Moment:Beginning a new sport–downhill skiing–at the age of 40 and returning every year to Beaver Creek to test my nerve.