Managing Director Global Strategy + Insights
Therese brings to Zeno her signature curiosity and an unquenchable thirst for the trends and truths that move people around the globe at the very deepest levels. With a career spanning 25 years in both creative and strategic roles, Therese is a firm believer that brands need to rediscover themselves by connecting with people on a more personal level.
Her planning technique applies deep psychological insights into people’s values and how they behave, so that brands can connect in relevant and more meaningful ways. She is dogged in her pursuit of insights that lead to big, ownable ideas and has helped iconic brands to become evangelists through insightful and strategic thinking. Therese has refined the role of planning, taking the best practices of a traditional advertising planner and applying them across all channels to build targeted and strategic campaigns. When she is not with her Zeno family, Therese is with her husband Steve, two daughters Caroline and Allegra, and her Portuguese water dog, Rory.
- News sources I can’t live without:
- The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Morning Joe, Huffington Post, Iconoculture, The Future Laboratory, my teenage daughter’s Twitter feed/Tumblr page.
- Late nights or early mornings:
- MORNING! 5am run, daughter’s school prep, news/trends fix, emails over soy latte (no foam).
- My first client:
- Lenox China, Crystal.
- Social network of choice:
- Best advice I ever received:
- “Don’t be too self-effacing.”
- Best advice I’ve ever given:
- “Whatever you send out to the universe in words or actions is what you bring back to yourself.”
- When not working, I:
- Play the piano (prefer classical music) and ride my horse.
- Most Fearless Moment:
- Confidently hopping back on my horse after being thrown off.