Managing Director Health
Ame has combined a passion for health and an excitement for engaging with stakeholders where they live, work and play to help inform communities about their options in every aspect of health. Her experience in marketing communications and issues management has been applied to creating awareness and education in virtually every therapeutic area and has helped to turn numerous Rx and OTC medicines into household names. Ame understands the complicated healthcare system and knows how to navigate its nuances to enhance reputation for providers and associations, drive support for health advocacy NGOs and differentiate payments services to ensure each meets its business and reputational objectives. At the heart of it all is her passion for simplifying the science and language of health to make it accessible to all. A cheerleader for health and those that innovate in this space, Ame is also a vocal sideline supporter of youth athletics and can be found most weekends in the bleachers supporting her teenage basketball players, Ryan and Maguire.
- News source I can’t live without:
- The Today Show, The New York Times, NPR, The Economist.
- Late nights or early mornings:
- Late nights. Boys in bed. Play with dog. Catch up with husband. Read… a best-seller of some sort… usually a biography.
- My first client:
- Mazola Corn Oil–a cholesterol education campaign when it was all about polyunsaturated fats.
- Social network of choice:
- Twitter for work, Facebook for social.
- Best advice I ever received:
- “Have the courage to laugh at yourself…it will be more fun that way.”
- Best advice I’ve ever given:
- “Be you.”
- When not working, I:
- Spend time with my boys (if they let me), cook, visit jazz clubs, binge-watch Netflix or Law & Order reruns.
- My most fearless moment:
- Quitting a job without another when I knew the ethics of the place I worked were not in keeping with my own.